Thursday 19 September 2013

Updates x #shagivesback

Hey guys! :-)

Sorry I haven't been updating the blog much (it's not like I have readers but if I do, hello to y'all!) Well I'm finally back with some pictures & some updates about my life!!!!!

Basically, when the competition ended for me, I've been up to my neck trying to catch up with everything that I've missed in school (and I had to take my exams!) I think I missed 8 weeks of school in a 15 week term because of the competition but I must really thank my facilitators who gave me 1-on-1 lessons to help me catch up & understand the module! I must also thank the PC & Directors for accommodating to my crazy schedule & my hairstyle (I dyed the top pink, remember?) 

I also had to nurse my dengue fever (it was a pain, I must say) but it wasn't THAT bad, considering I wasn't hospitalized for more than a day. I was under observation for 2 weeks & I was more lethargic than usual. I didn't eat much (and yes I lost quite a bit of weight) but I'm glad it's all over. All in all, I wish it never happens again!

But well, now that the school term's ended, I'm working to fill up my holidays! I'm taking up small gigs here & there to gain experience & I'm working on doing a cover with my band (I don't know if I should call them my band but we've stuck tgt since secondary school so I supposed I can call them my band) when the guitarist (aka editor aka director aka camera man) comes back from his trip to US! 

Recently, I did my very first gig at Ocean Financial Centre (thanks to Dawn Wong from #hummingbirdconcepts) & I was actually quite nervous since it's the first time I'm doing a half-an-hour set + I didn't know what to expect + I was singing after the extremely talented Rachel Chua (She's more commonly known as Cai Aijia). But with the help of the amazing guitarist, Jee Yon, who met up with me to practise at weird timings, I felt so much more confident that I initially felt. The crowd was pretty awesome & they made me very comfortable! 



Photos (Taken & edited) by: Jazelle
For more photos, check out my Facebook page

My Kardashian sister, Kim, or more commonly known as Farisha Ishak (you would know if you followed The Final 1) won the competition & she organized a mini concert x meet-n-greet session for her fans as a thank you! She invited me & Gail (Khloe & Kourtney) to perform 2 songs with her during the event as well :-)  We had so much fun - pigging out at the different food booths & spending most of our time at the photo booth which had props for us to play around with!!!! Here are my favorite photos from the event:


More photos on Farisha's Facebook page

Most of the Top 11 from The Final 1 will be performing during the President's Star Charity happening on the 20th October 2013 & we hope for your support! More details will be provided soon ;-) 

Meanwhile, do check out my Twitter & Instagram account @faithjiaen as well as my Facebook page (http://Facebook.com/faithjiaen) for more updates! 

xx



No comments :

Post a Comment